+440 5364 9657
Optimum Web Host is a local IT, Web Design and Hosting Company located in Athens, Greece. We provide businesses and end-users with IT services and online services.
We do provide 24/7 support via Ticket System. Registered clients can contact our support team submiting a ticket and guests can contact our support team using the contact form.
Our Help Desk offers the ability to send tickets to our support team in a secure and easy manner. In order for us to provide you with fast assistance; when submitting a ticket, please fill in the corresponding fields the problem and as much as more details. You can expect a reply within 3 hours. Usually, our response time is much quicker than this; however, some tickets may require more time to be processed depending on the case and details.
If you are starting your first website, chances are you are not familiar with common hosting terms such as disk space and bandwidth. If you are unsure which hosting package to choose, simply contact our support department with a fairly detailed description of what you're wanting to use your website for and we would be more than happy to assist you in picking the hosting package that's right for you.
Select our services at Home Page or Client Area.
Depending on selected product, you might need to provide additional information to complete order request.
Click "Add to basket" and your product/service is now in shopping cart.
If you have promo code, you can apply it and get discount.
Click on "Continue to checkout" button to proceed with checkout process.
* If you are already logged in, you will be automaticaly redirected to Checkout.
* If you are registerd customer, you can provide your login details.
* If you have never purchased any service from us, fill up New Customer form, and continue checkout.
Choose payment method to pay for invoice. List of all available payment methods will be listed.
Choose payment method and you will be redirected to payment gateway.
After successfull payment, you will be redirected back to your account.
You do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal as a payment gateway.
Simply select the PayPal payment method during the checkout process, and then select the "I don't have a PayPal Account" option when you are forwarded to the PayPal payment site. This will enable you to pay with a credit or debit card without having to create a PayPal account.
Most products are activated immediately after we receive confirmation of payment. If your order included a domain registration, it may take up to 24 hours for the domain to propagate, although this process generally only takes a couple hours.
Some products may require additional time to setup and configure, but the vast majority of orders are activated immediately upon payment.
* If you bought your domain name together with a hosting package from us; it will be setup by us.
* The procedure can take up to 24 hours to take full effect (however, it usually takes a few hours).
* If you bought your domain name elsewhere; you need to connect it to our hosting server.
* Browse to your registrar website (i.e. GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc).
* Login to your account.
* Connect your domain name to the hosting plan you bought from us via nameservers that you received in your Welcome email.
* You need to set these nameservers as Custom for your domain.
* Check your registrar help documentation or submit a support ticket to them.
* The procedure can take up to 24 hours to take full effect.
Optimum Web Host name server details are:
Web hosting is a service where a client rents disk space on a server. Some advantages to renting web space as opposed to setting up your own are as follows:
Less overhead (no need to purchase servers, firewalls, etc) - Less maintenance - Faster deployment.
Web hosting services are generally offered for incremental amounts of time (monthly, yearly) and are usually pretty flexible in the sense that a client can upgrade his or her account at any time, allowing their website to grow (or shrink) with their needs.
There are different types of hosting:
* Shared - Hosting where hundreds of clients may share the same server, but their accounts are completely separate. Shared hosting is by far the most affordable option as hosting providers are able to fit many clients onto one server, this reducing the amount of profit that must be generated by each client.
* Reseller - A service in which a client rents a bulk amount of web space with reseller privileges. Reseller privileges enable the client to resell hosting services to other clients, thus enabling them to create their own web hosting company for very little overhead.
* VPS - A virtualized server, meaning that there will be multiple clients on the server but they will all be sharing the server's resources.
* Dedicated - A service which provides a fully dedicated web server for use by the client. No other clients will be using this server.
Disk space is the amount of data allocated to a specific client. For instance, if a client is allocated 1GB (1,024MB) of disk space, then he or she could store up to 1,024 MB data on that server.
When calculating disk space usage, it is usually the combination of all the files saved on the server, plus databases and email space. If a client exceeds their disk space limit, the server will not allow them to upload any additional files.
Bandwidth is the amount of data that is allowed to be transferred in and out of an account during any given period (usually 1 month). For instance, if a client has a 1MB picture stored on their server and that picture is accessed 4 times, then 4MB of bandwidth has been used.
Bandwidth can be calculated many different ways, but the majority of the time it is simple HTTP requests (accessing your website in the browser) that use up most of your bandwidth.
cPanel can be accessed by using either of the URLs below:
* www.yourdomain.com:2083 (secure)
* http://yourIP:2083 (secure)
Note: www.yourdomain.com is your actual domain name (the URL of your website) and yourIP is the IP address of server your website is hosted on.
If you were able to connect successfully, you should see cPanel login screen.
* Login to cPanel
* In the "General Information" section on the right, locate the row labeled "Server Information" Click it and look for "MySQL Version". This is your MySQL version.
* Login to cPanel.
* Scroll Down the page and look for "PHP version". Click it, a new page opens with "Current PHP Version" (i.e. php7xx). This is your PHP version.
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Locate and click on the "Email Accounts" icon within the "Mail" category.
3. Fill in the required information.
- **Email** Enter the name of the desired email account.
- **Password** Enter the desired password.
- **Password (again)** Confirm the password entered above.
- **Mailbox Quota** Select how much space the email account will use.
4. Click the "Create Account" button and the new email will be created.